Week One Photojournalism Post

Hi, I'm Brenda. I'm a writer and photographer who specializes in travel writing and photography. I have a passion for travel because I really love to experience new places, new cultures, and see the world through new lenses. I've travelled to 26 countries, and a few years ago, I took a year off and backpacked through Southeast Asia and Europe - it was amazing!

When I'm not traveling, I love to be outdoors in my home state of Oregon. I enjoy hiking, kayaking and attending the numerous events that take place all year long across the state. 

I'm also a part-time journalism student at LBCC. I decided to study journalism because I want to improve my writing and photography skills. I'm a proponent for life-long learning and I hope to continuing improving my writing and photography and learning new skills for a long time to come. 

My goals for photojournalism this term are to:

  • Learn to take better photos of people in everyday life.
  • Learn to tell a story through my photos; and 
  • Learn to find the right photos to take. 

Here are some photos from my first week of photojournalism:

Welding Technology sign created by the faculty of the welding department at LBCC using CNC plasma cutting .

Welding bays ready for students' first day of class in the welding technology lab.

A student walking between classes in front of the new mural on the south side of campus.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Postcard From the Future: Angkor Wat

2020 Oregon Golden Gloves Boxing Championship

Adapt and Overcome